BCNAnalytics and SocialPoint are pleased to invite you to the first Barcelona Gaming Data Hackathon. 40 participants. 10 teams. +€1.5k euros in prizes. 24 hours. Food, t-shirts, great views and awesome people. R, Python, ML, … Ready?
The competition will focus on analyzing the data about the Dragon City Game (iOS and Android). Teams will participate in 2 different tracks: the accuracy track about churn detection and the business insights track, about finding actionable insights from the given datasets.
- DATE: 14th/15th November
- LOCATION: Social Point Headquarters
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday 9th November
The hackathon has two tracks to compete for. They are both about the Dragon City (iOS and Android).
- Accuracy track: given data about how online players behave in Dragon City game, you will need to predict when players are likely to abandon the game using data from the players first 48hrs in the game (churn model). As in Kaggle competitions, teams will have 3 data sets: the training set, the test set1 and the test set2. The training set will have feature variables and a target variable to train the models. Once a model is trained, you can use test set (provided without the target variable) to submit your results and get instant feedback of the performance of the model. Whenever you feel confident with your result, you will have to use test2 to make the final submission. Only results from test set2 will be used to determine the winners of this track. Each team will have 24 hours to build and submit their models (from Saturday 14th November to Sunday 15th November).
- Business Insights track: participants will need to present actionable insights from the dataset provided (e.g. increasing the difficulty in level 12 will decrease 13% the drop out on that level). Each team will have 8 minutes to expose the finded results to the jury. The results will be evaluated based on the impact of the insights, the actionability, the understandability of its communication and the novelty of the results. Each team will have one hour to prepare the presentation after the accuracy competition closes, although we encourage to be thinking about those insights while analyzing the data for the Accuracy track.
- Accuracy track: 1st prize 750€, 2nd prize 500€
- Business insights track: unique prize 500€
Saturday 14th November
- 9:00 Opening and participants check in.
- 9:30 Presentation by BCNAnalytics and SocialPoint. Team Formation
- 10:00 Competition start. Data sets are released and submission platform begins accepting submissions.
- 14:00 Lunch all together to a cool place 🙂
- 20:00 SocialPoint offices closes
Sunday 15th November
- 9:00 SocialPoint offices reopen
- 10:00 Accuracy competition closes. Submission platform stops accepting submissions. Teams can prepare the presentation for the business track.
- 11:00 Begin presentations
- 13:00 Jury delivery
- 13:30 Prizes
- 14:30 Closing and optional lunch.
Participants and registration process
40 participants, 4 members per team.
To participate to the hackathon, start registering here, providing your Linkedin and Github profiles. If you already have a team formed, indicated the name of it in the registration form. If you don’t have a team, register and we will assign you a team.
The deadline for registering is Monday 9th November. The acceptance process is based on the public profiles provided. Once you or your team has been accepted, you will be notified about it.
- Each participant can only participate in one team.
- In order to opt to prizes, all teams must participate in both competitions.
This competition would not be possible without the help of SocialPoint. Thanks!