BCNAnalytics and SocialPoint are pleased to invite you to the second Barcelona Gaming Data Hackathon. 40 participants. 10 teams. +€1.5k euros in prizes. 24 hours. Food, t-shirts, great views and awesome people. R, Python, ML, … Ready?
The competition will focus on analyzing the data about the Monster Legends Game (iOS and Android). Teams will participate in 2 different tracks: the accuracy track about building a recommendation system for monsters and the business insights track, about finding actionable insights from the given datasets.
- DATE: 15th/16th October
- LOCATION: Social Point Headquarters
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday 10th October
- Accuracy track: 1st prize 750€, 2nd prize 500€
- Business insights track: unique prize 500€
Saturday 15th October
- 9:00 Opening and participants check in.
- 9:30 Presentation by BCNAnalytics and SocialPoint. Team Formation
- 10:00 Competition start. Data sets are released and submission platform begins accepting submissions.
- 14:00 Lunch all together to a cool place
- 20:00 SocialPoint offices closes
Sunday 16th October
- 9:00 SocialPoint offices reopen
- 10:00 Accuracy competition closes. Submission platform stops accepting submissions. Teams can prepare the presentation for the business track.
- 11:00 Begin presentations
- 13:00 Jury delivery
- 13:30 Prizes
- 14:30 Closing and optional lunch.
Participants and registration process
40 participants, 4 members per team.
To participate to the hackathon, start registering here. If you already have a team formed, indicated the name of it in the registration form. If you don’t have a team, register and we will assign you a team.
The deadline for registering is Monday 10th October. The acceptance process is first come first served. Once you or your team has been accepted, you will be notified about it.
- Each participant can only participate in one team.
- In order to opt to prizes, all teams must participate in both competitions.
This competition would not be possible without the help of SocialPoint. Thanks!